Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of 1st Grade for Laney Kate

First day of 1st grade for Laney in her own words:

"We got to tell everyone our name. And do specials. For lunch I had pasta and I made new friends. I was wearing the same thing as Sloane and people asked if we were sisters. And I learned Hola Amigos! That's it Mommmmmmm!!!!"

I think Laney enjoyed her first day very much! She is in Spanish Immersion and she says she liked it! Eek!

Praying we made the right decision on this one. Considering I was initially a "no" and then we got in and had to actually make the decision. Honestly, I couldn't find a "no" and am having faith that Matthew and I made the best decision for Laney. I know she can do it. She's smart, kind, and eager to learn. I am hoping to give her her best chance. And learning any language at a young age can only be an asset in life.





Right before we took this picture Laney says "me llamo es Laney."
Let's go do this girl! We sang our song too that my Momma always sang to me on the way to school.

Keep Shining, Keep Smiling....knowing you can always count on me, for sure, that's what Mom's are for!

Laney and Gavin as we walked the first graders to  Woodridge!
Here we go into Woodridge!!! Go Laney! What a precious little first grader!

No comments: