Monday, June 30, 2008

Downtime in the Big D and home sweet home

Our trip to Dallas was short and sweet but we were ready to just be home. We had M's deal on Thursday night, which I wish I had pics from, but apparently it's not appropriate to haul around a big camera to a fancy schmoozing event. Whatev. M is now in San Antonio and much closer to us.

Friday we went to lunch for my Momma's birthday to the Zodiac Room at Neiman's and it was a lot of fun with Little. She loves table food these days and I am not as hesitant to shy away from that. It's a lot of fun to feed her different things.




We did go to dinner on Friday night to Campisi's, still one of my favorite pizza places, and saw Meredith and Scott, Leigh Ann and Jason, and Lel and her boyfriend, Andy. Then we went to Leigh's new casa for strawberry shortcake; yum. And she has the best eye for decorating! She will have to help us someday!
Check out Laney's grimace face that she loves to make. She knows what to do to get back to her Momma; hilarious.
Berg girls....
My two favorite babies! Lel and Lanes :).
We went swimming on Saturday morning before we left at our hotel and I absolutely love Laney's potbelly. Hilarious. I know all babies have them but it cracks me up in her bikini!




Did I mention we cleaned the garage on Sunday? Great fun. But we have a lot of stuff to get rid of between now and when we move; someday.


Laney dancing and being silly. Matthew and I feel that people don't get the real deal on Laney. She is totally in her element at home but anywhere else she acts just a little different. Probably because she knows when she is home and she is happiest with both parents at her beckon call. Reading time with Daddy.

3 comments:

Steph said...

B had to read that book for one of his negotiating classes! Yuck!

I love Laney's pot belly. I want to chew on it.

Leigh Ann said...

So glad we got to hang out this weekend!

Elly Doran said...

Laura, I just wanted to say how sweet it is to see you love your little girl. She is beautiful. Being a Momma is so incredible isn't it? Thanks for sharing. Be blessed today.