Monday, July 14, 2008

Lake Weekend Trip 2

The lake this year was quite different than our weekend spent with this group last year. In fact, I was very miserable and pregnant when we went to LBJ with all of M's friends the weekend after the 4th. But it's a tradition that, wherever we are in life, we hope to partake in. And Laney made the day. Someone asked me if I enjoyed being the only one with the baby out of the group. After thinking about it some, absolutely I do. As bratty as it sounds, she gets all of the attention and, inadvertently, so do we. Thanks Lanes!





And, oh yes, I am that Mom that wants to match her daughter! I never thought I would be but it's so fun. We had a community service event in San Antonio early Saturday morning, so we had to look like the Cleavers! Don't worry, I just watched Laney and Matthew did all of the hard labor.


Matthew and I had a lot of fun on the lake and seadoo, although, he goes too fast for me! It was nice to have a few moments with just him. The boat ended up broken and the same thing happened last year. Yikes. I hope we are invited back. But everyone had a couple of seadoo's to play on still.
This is a view of us at the lake but in the baby pool. It truly shows how much our life has changed in a year; especially if you check out the picture below. Cracks me up and makes me smile.

Ah, and I got picked on for this a whole lot, although I just don't find it shocking. I was talking to everyone in the lake and not paying attention to my daughters actions, or Sarah the picture taker, and the picture paints a thousand words. Laney just loves shoes. My dirty nasty shoes.


Dang the camera!
Before dinner we took a group shot on timer. I hope we have these get togethers and pics through the years. I know the faces may change and everyone may weather a little. Still, the memories will be untouchable and time well spent. After dinner, Matthew took Laney out on the dance floor. Allows me to think of someday and cry. I hope we have years and years. But she will always love looking up and dancing with her Daddy.
Sarah was amazing with L. She kept wanting to watch her for us and was such a help! I was glad to have her while we went on the Seadoo and Laney loved her too! Uncle David. He is awesome with Laney too. I love it when guys really take to her because you know they will make amazing fathers.

1 comment:

Ashlea said...

Aww! So sad that we had to miss the lake weekend this year. We had a wedding of a good friend of mine from High School and were not able to make it. Hopefully we will be back next year. Looks like it was a blast, hopefully we'll get to see all of you guys soon!