Friday, September 26, 2008

Princess by the Pool First Birthday Party!

Happy 1st Birthday Laney and Happy 25th Birthday Lesley!!!

DSC07767


What a party we had for Laney and Lesley! It was a lot of fun getting ready for the first birthday and it took a lot of work! Everything was pink, pink, pink and teal, teal, teal and the pools were fun for the babies! DSC07741

Here are pics before the party.....

(Laney's kitchen has had a lot of cooking time and so has her princess ride toy from her Very Own and Great Aunt Susan. )DSC07746Here are some of the pictures playing in the frog pool and outside in the backyard.DSC07749Not all of Laney's friends could go outside but Noah, Audrey, and Mason still had a good time playing with toys and on their tummies!


















We had such a great turn out for our baby girl's! I think we had about 50 people and I was so busy I didn't get to talk to everyone! It almost felt like our wedding blur. Thank you all so so much! I think everyone had a lot of fun and I'm glad that we had the first birthday party. It is a great memory! I still have to open presents; time flew by too quickly! I am also glad it is past me and I can focus on the rest of my commitments. Thank you everyone for coming and helping. I have such loyal and true friends, thank you everyone for your help and cleaning up.























Matthew was busy all day cooking kabobs for everyone! He is such a good Daddy to his baby girl and he is quite the griller! The best part of the party was the cake and singing happy birthday to Lanes and Les. DSC07751DSC07756DSC07759DSC07752DSC07764



Laney did not hesitate on the cupcake like some 1st birthday babies do; she dove right in. That is my girl!
Here are a few presents we opened. I made Laney the blog book for her first year. Can I just say, time. It takes a lot of it. It's worth it but took me several late nights. Laney's Grandpa Crowell got her a rock from their farm with her name on it. It was a very sweet gift I know she will treasure always! She knew it said her name! And Granny V got her some cool toys and a beautiful princess dress! These pictures just don't quite capture the chaos of the day; probably because most pics were not with my camera! I am going to update with our photographers pictures, Carrie's at http://inthestillphotography.com/ when I get them but I didn't want to not have a post. She was on my heels all day and I can't wait to see the turnout of every detail!

9 comments:

Hayley said...

Laura, I love every bit of it! Her tu-tu was precious and just perfect!!! What a wonderfuly birthday for your sweet baby girl and Lesley!

Lesley said...

precious precious baby girl! I miss y'all! Yes, sister, I'm posting this at 4:30am...ER is dead, no patients right now.

allyo said...

Looks like yall had a blast! I love all the pictures and can't wait to see more! I love the picture of you four girls in front of the door... i love the coloring! What a special day for two very special people.

carla's gateway said...

Laura... you are so good at the details. Have you heard that before? I assume "yes"...! I think you and Matt will have no trouble with the paparrazi when the fame of office comes your way! Happy first birthday Crowells. Tell Richard that I LOVE the ROCK gift! sooo Virginia and Richard! During these busy days, don't forget our offer of GateWay.

andydawn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Baby girl!! Looks like a BLAST :) You are growing up too quick :( We can't wait to see you soon.

andydawn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Baby girl!! Looks like a BLAST :) You are growing up too quick :( We can't wait to see you soon.

campers said...

love that pink tutu!!!

S, J, B, & S said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANEY!!! What a precious birthday party for a precious little girl! Enjoy the toddler days ... they are so fun!

The Perkins Family said...

Hi laura! I would love to hear more about the blog book that you made for Laney's first year. I want to start early on one for Ella. Did you make it through shutterfly, or somewhere else? My email is meganperkins@satx.rr.com. By the way, her birthday was super cute!!

thanks!