Sunday, March 01, 2009

Whirlwind

Whirlwind. The days over the last couple of weeks have been a blur in preparation for the bar exam and moving past Baylor Law. A blur of anxiety, readiness, happiness, and day to day living. And we are at the end of our time here in Round Rock. In one month we will move on further to South Texas. I will get to that later though. Right now I just want to enjoy the present, after all, we aren't promised tomorrow. I will try to catch up real quickly.....

We had a couple of Birthdays......






got to see Aunt Lesley (sorry--got a throw away camera because we forgot mine!)

a car accident we have a diva (she discovered being sassy!) we had us time in Downtown Austin and we looked for houses in SA. Life has just been on full fast forward for us since Matthew graduated. And now we have made it to the end of our time here. I still can't believe it and don't allow myself to think about it too much.
We celebrated Matthew's finishing the bar exam by going to happy hour, staying downtown at the Omni, and having us time. My parents came in to watch Laney and we had our second night away. And this time I was really ready and excited for a break. I don't know how I did this summer without M because just three nights was hard. Thank goodness I had Kristen to keep me company! And I don't know how I will do the Virgin Islands but I am getting pumped! On Saturday morning we all headed to San Antonio to look for houses and on the way back went to Lock hart for bar b q. No luck this time but plenty of options. We just have to decide where with my commute.

But San Antonio was most fun and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. But it's a hard emotion because we began our life here together. Another post.

We went to Schilo's for lunch and had the famous Root Beer. My Dad's mother grew up in San Antonio and he has a plethora of stories. Laney frantically wanted more and more root beer.
















The rest of the time she hung out with her Grumpa and ????. She clearly says my Dad's name but isn't sure what to call my Momma. She discovered Mickey and Minnie Mouse and was terrified of pigeons. She had her second trip to the Alamo and And before my parents left this morning she cried after my mother instead of wanting me~heart breaking!
Now we are settling back into having Matthew home and he is figuring out what to do with his time. And I am enjoying being marriaged again. Enough for now.

4 comments:

The Perkins Family said...

Hi Laura - it's Megan...I met you at the Jim Ned HS reunion! Anyway, just wanted to say that Michael and I are excited to hang out with you guys when you're in San Antonio. Let us know if you need anything during your move. Let me know if you're looking for a realtor...we have a great one!
Congrats to Matt for finising the Bar exam!

andydawn said...

YEAH for Matthew! I loved seeing all the pictures...I heart San Antonio too :) You are still not too far from us!

andydawn said...

YEAH for Matthew! I loved seeing all the pictures...I heart San Antonio too :) You are still not too far from us!

Emily Suzanne said...

We're looking for houses right now too! I hope you guys find what you're looking for and that it's a smooth transition! That breaks my heart that Laney cried for your mom... Zayne used to do that for my mom, up until a month ago when they moved here... it made me literally cry everytime to see him so sad :(
Can't wait for you guys to get here!

So glad you guys can relax after the Bar. Praying for you to enjoy your time left there... such great memories.