Friday, June 12, 2009

The Zoo and Brackenridge park and just June

A couple of weekends ago we took L to the zoo~ it reminded me of our Baby Moon when we went to San Diego. Matthew and I are still not zoo people. But the San Antonio Zoo is pretty great. We went for about an hour and a half and that was all we could take. We will have to go back to see more! Laney seemed to enjoy herself though. She really loves those elephants!



My favorite was the butterfly garden exhibit with all the colorful beauties flying around. I could have spent a long time just watching them flutter about!

I just loved looking at these leopards spots. I think that this gorgeous animal puts the faux leopard imitation to shame. He was lovely.

The monkey's were hilarious and I loved this picture of my heart beats!

We will visit the zoo again soon I'm sure, as it is quite close to our house.

My parents came into town last weekend. We were waiting for them on the front porch; L was like what mom?


Anyway, my Momma got L her own new chair and umbrella for the front porch (pics to come!) from PB and lots of cute stuff! Laney is trying to call my Momma "JoMimi"; as her name is Jorja and we wanted something unique. Well, Laney says "AwMini" or it sounds like "Ahhh Minnie!" Too cute. We took Laney on the train. It is quite nostalgic with my parents because many memories were made when I was Laney's age here in San Antonio. My grandmother grew up here and my parents took us Berg kid's all over SA. So, Laney rode the little train that I had ridden as a little girl. And we ate as some of his favorite places (Schilo's, the Barn Door, La Fogata). My Dad gets emotional about this place.






My brother came in for the visit too. And we love having Uncle Lanno! Laney adores him and his fun games. We got out the soccer ball and it has been kicked all over the house since then. I cannot wait to teach her my favorite sport! I think M and I will both have to coach her team one day! I wouldn't miss that chance!







1 comment:

Emily Suzanne said...

I"m so glad you guys had fun! I love that Brackenridge park when it's not too busy!! And the train ride is priceless!
I'm so glad you guys live close to us!