Saturday, September 19, 2009

Two at the Zoo!

Happy Birthday my precious little girl and baby sister! What a celebration we had for Laney and Lesley on the 19th. We had a petting zoo come to the house and played on the zoo theme. It was a lot of fun! I was quite stressed about pulling it off but everything came together perfectly. And I think Laney loved being the birthday girl and the kids seemed to enjoy the animals! For not living in San Antonio too long, I feel so blessed for the friendships we have found and for the people that we have met in such a short period of time. I can't believe my baby is 2 years old. She is just a ball of fire. And sister, you are no spring chicken! Teasing, of course you are precious as ever!





We woke up at 6:45 am to rain and taking down the Chinese lanterns. Poor sister, on your birthday! But we sure did laugh a lot! Setting up was not the most fun part.....



Except playing "succer" is Laney's favorite past time as of late. She loves it and I couldn't be more excited about her playing one day. This is probably my favorite picture of the day!



And the animals made things interesting.....This is when the trailer pulled up and all we could hear was a rooster. Matthew and I thought what did we sign up for?! Actually, it ended up being just perfect. We star We started off with feeding the cow and Laney kept squealing "tickles!" We weren't really having too much to do with the pony. It scared her and she was definitely not going to ride it. But we kept warming up to it and several of us tried to coerce her. And Isaac was the first brave soul!



The trick was to get her dancing. So we danced and we were being silly. Then I gently sat her on the pony and she was kind of shocked at first. Then she said "I did it! I ride the pony!" She actually did it again later on her own.



Proud proud Momma. It's the little stuff but just makes your heart swell.



Friends.....








Some of us girls got our arms painted. Talk about talented! I felt like I had a tattoo and was sad to wash it off.




What a special day it was. Everyone enjoyed cupcakes, mini cupcakes, and cake!


All Done Party!



My Beautiful Baby Girl~ I still can't believe it was two years ago that you changed our lives. You are such a blessing and I love watching your grow and learn new things every day. You have your Daddy's looks and your Momma's personality and are perfect to us. I love you so very much. Thank you for being ours!


I am uploading the pictures to shutterfly and facebook because there are so many! Morgan and Steven took most of these as my camera is caput! I will put the link on this post soon for those of you who want to get pics that were there!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

yeeeeaaa for birthdays! they did a great job taking pictures!! I love you sister, and I miss you already! When can you come to Dallas?

Emily Suzanne said...

Laura! We had so much fun at Laney's bday! The party was definitely a success, so cute and unique!

Baby McMinn said...

So cute! Your dad just left my store and said you were not finding out the sex of baby # 2!!! What???

andydawn said...

What a FUN party!! You did great Laura :) The pics are awesome!!! Happy Birthday, Laney and Lesley!