Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Learning about Life

I find myself constantly learning about life and find myself reminded how precious it truly is. Even more now as a parent and through the eyes of Laney. The innocence and total dependence of this child melts my heart every single day.


Matthew and I went to Llano this past weekend to see Granny V and Richard (I think he likes to call Laney Slick and she might call him the same thing! We will see!). There is an orphaned calf that we got to meet that is being called Baby. He is very friendly and sweet; and takes the bottle very eagerly.


We even got to love and I was able to pet him! I try not to get too attached to these ranch animals but my emotional side shines through. There are six calves right now pictured below. I'm still learning. Laney adores Hank the cow dog and he is pretty smitten with her too!



Sweet moments with Granny V.And Laney is just itching to crawl consistently, or off the couch! She creeps, and then falls, but I would safely say she can make it across the room; whether that is technically crawling or not. Either way, I can't take my eyes off of her for a second now!

And sitting herself up is one of her accomplishments too! She pulls herself up on my legs when we are on the couch and wants to stand all the time. I need her to crawl first!


Laney the singer. I don't even know if this is possible but she loves to sing. In church, she will sing, in her microphone below she sings. I prayed for this. Matthew and I are the most tone deaf people I know but the Lord answers prayer and I'm hoping she can! My Momma prayed for my running legs but we shall see!
And Laney certainly doesn't like cold food! I was feeding her frozen peaches and bananas that obviously weren't thawed enough. Her faces were priceless and she just kept spitting out the goods! It was great timing for not using a bib!

But, don't worry, she loves Coca Cola Classic; at least the can! We have discovered that she loves cans, bottles of water, and she gravitates to the color red.


And Laney with Panda. She loves her puppet shows we entertain her with in the crib and the voices Momma and Daddy make.

6 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Such sweet pictures! I can't wait to hold her again. Love the picture with the food. She is funny!

I was planning on taking Friday off, so we are good. But we need to talk soom about a plan.

Alison said...

I just love that girl! She is too cute! I can't believe she is wanting to crawl! We miss you girls! Let's try to see each other very soon! Love you!

carla's gateway said...

that picture of Virginia is priceless! I think Richard would be a GREAT SLICK!!!! and yes, let's talk about JULY at the GateWay cottages. love you guys, carla/troy

carla's gateway said...

oh yes, I forgot... I completely understand the "nurturer" coming through with the baby calves... they are adorable... Jeff/Will and Troy won't let me NAME any of them... they "not so humorously" said, "unless its Chuck, Burger, or sirloin".... MEN!!!!!

andydawn said...

What sweet sweet pictures! I love her face with the peaches ;)

allyo said...

Sweet baby girl...you are so precious! I can't wait to have some good, ole' Laney time!!