Saturday, April 19, 2008

Seven Months and growing strong

My baby girl is seven months old and growing stronger every day!

As of late, well, she has a mind of her own that rejects the bottle, giggles with her mouth open wide, only allows her Momma put her to bed, would much rather walk than crawl, and she has more teeth on the way. She is the most strong willed little girl we've known and when it comes to the test of wills, simply, she wins. She has a mind of her own and there is not any tricking this little munchkin. She is pulling up in her crib and trying to stand every chance she gets. Whether its pulling up on drawers, Momma's lap top, or a pillow- literally anything. She has trained Matthew and I instead of the other way around but pish posh. As I reminisce September 19th, 2007 I couldn't have known what lay ahead. I suppose we are in the thralls of what you call Parenthood and we have kept a baby alive! Who knew we could accomplish such a feat! But I know, someday, I am going to miss this. Parenthood is the best, hardest, and most fulfilling job I've had that words will never coherently convey. Life is hard but still wonderful.

Our little bright eyes is my favorite thing and here is my tiny tribute to Laney today.
My Favorite Everything
The learning’s of Motherhood

I’ve always held a list of favorites but you gave me a new way,
The things most cherished to my heart had different meaning in a day.


This is a tiny list, you'll see, and although the loves may seem trite,
You've shared a different perspective and simply shed new light.



A daily race that kept me focused, a twenty six mile goal I fought ,
These jogs kept me driven but you were the goal I sought.

A ladder I grasped onto, and began to climb,
The career I found alluring has lost most glimmer and shine.

There is a world I once had traveled, just out across the sea,
I thought I’d left my heart there but you’ve brought it back to me!

Frozen delights that I've indulge and allowed to dance across my tongue,
One day to share these sweets with you, well, that will be most fun!

A special phase of la Luna, I always crave to see,
But it is not quite as bright as the eyes of my Laney.

And the beloved season we call summer; sunshine sprinkles on your face ,
And waves splashing in the ocean, this is too a much loved place.
Not the gritty feeling, of sand squishing at my toes,
Gives me the satisfaction of kissing your button nose.


Saturdays out shopping is a time all girls find fun,
I’ve found more satisfaction at Neiman's with my number one.

Reading books for pleasure, sometimes, stole my idle time,
But you’re the one I can’t put down, this captivating story of mine!

Watching America’s Team with Daddy has grown onto my list of joys,
But mostly I look forward to us rooting for those Cowboy’s.

Enchanting you’ve swept through and cast your spell upon us all,
This tiny family needed a baby to love, cuddle, and crawl.

In this special list of favorites, and glory days of bliss,
You are a life that God created; my most precious gift.

Motherhood is a whirlwind of emotions; it’s a brand new game,
It’s a time I’ll always treasure, though my life is not the same.

Every moment passes quickly but I hold our sweet days close,
From a long list of favorites, you’re the one I adore most.

It is still only the beginning, fresh times we have to grow,
Still we've learned a new love swiftly, you captivated from hello.

I’ve learned a list cannot quite capture ,
a truth that is quite clear:

To love you more than anything;
You are my favorite everything.


Here are Laney's 7 month pictures; is it normal I want to chew on her arms?

3 comments:

andydawn said...

OHHH...what a sweet sweet poem! Laney will love reading that one day :) She is growing SO QUICK!!!

ThePoeFam said...

That one with the hat...I want to KISS HER all over!!! Precious!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

so my legs are killing me...that poem did take my mind away from the pain for the second!! am motivated for the moment...ha:) love ya girl