Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Moving Day!

Goodbye Normandy. Moving day has come and gone!!!!

These are the last pictures that I took of our stuff in the house on Normandy. The day was bittersweet but too busy to be emotional. Honestly, I was too excited about the new space to miss the sardine can. I will miss the neighborhood and friends we made but we still live in San Antonio!



Ironically, we had Chili's take out at the new home instead of the old. Thank you for gift cards at times like these. We had fast food for days on end it seemed like.


M and his chicken wings.

Night night! Yes, we all crowded into our bed for our final week!

Good Morning Moving Day and we are ready to go! Well, to the doctor.....



The street and house.


 

I should mention, because it is a tradition of ours on moving day for someone to be sick, Miss Landry had been sick for probably ten days. She had a cough, running nose, fever. Once this subsided, I think she caught a virus. It felt never ending but I kept putting off taking her to the doctor. Of course I decide to take her Saturday morning. She threw up Friday night and her diapers led me to believe the doctor could cure a virus? I should have just waited it out. Pish Posh.



 Our movers. Thank goodness for good friends. We didn't hire movers as I had moved over boxes all. week. long. and set up the kitchen, closets, and minor areas so that all most of what we had left was the furniture. Best looking group of movers I've seen.

Don't they look like they are having fun!



This picture deserves a mention. Matthew got pulled over due and I just knew it was due to the trailer bumping along in Alamo Heights. However, it was due to an expired inspection sticker. Um,this is not his truck or trailer but I am thankful we had these to move and he did not get a ticket.


The girls were quite the helpers. Well, this could not be further from the truth, but they were with us on moving day! Emily saved the day and herded her boys and my girls away from the chaos of moving heavy furniture.


Another hero, my Dad. He showed up on moving day afternoon on his trip from Houston. I had no idea he was on his way but he ended up helping us with a couple of random trips. Thank goodness he did too as we didn't know the chaos that would ensue.


And who doesn't love bubbles!? A housewarming from the Sims and an area of herding entertainment for the children.



We survived the move. Boxes are still lingering and we are figuring out how we want to set up the casa. This is taking time and patience has never been a strong suit of mine.  Still, progress.

No comments: