Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Fiesta 2012 Festivities

Fiesta this year was a little bit more low key for us but it was still wonderful!!!! We missed the River Parade and Battle of the Flowers parade, double bummer. But we still had lots of cascarones and Fiesta festivities!



Let's start in order of events or the things that we did particpate in Fiesta 2012.

The very first Fiesta commitment we had was for Laney's school. We had to build a float for her parade that the preschoolers had around the church. Well, this type of thing is something I really enjoy, except this year I was awful sick! Somehow, I think, it still turned out cute and most importantly Laney loved it.

Her ballerina was purple and so was her float. Landry decided she wanted her ballerina on the float also.




Practicing pulling it around behind her for the parade.



Then the actual school parade. This was pretty adorable seeing all of the floats the children mothers made and the creativity competition.

I could tell Laney was very excited. She also becomes quite subdued in these situations with such important matters at hand.

Here are the children from Laney's class coming down the hall with their floats.

 Then we headed outside to lap the church.


 All of the children were just so proud of their floats and they really enjoyed the attention of the parents. It was a really cute way to involve them in Fiesta and let their own personalities shine.



Then the carnival they had for the children inside the life center.

Butterfly tattoo!

With sweet Lucy Bell. What trouble these two get into together but sweet little friends.

Then we attended St. Peter's Carnival, briefly, and enjoyed cascarones with Char Char!




Okay, Laney hits hard with cascarones. Here she is attacking Courtney. It hurts.



There is just something about a mess of color in confetti that makes me happy!

We had a Fiesta play date with cascarones at Cambridge. This was a little bittersweet as this playground was right up our street and I actually had to drive!

We enjoyed some time swinging.


Then our favorite part; busting open the eggs!







I love this picture and how obvious it is that Landry is deciding if she should go for it and get little Anna. These two girls are so similar! I think it is the second child birth order thing.


We got tired and eventually it was time for lunch and naps.

Pooch Parade

This is my favorite Fiesta event. And I don't know if I am a dog person or not. I definitely have my opinions on which dogs I like, etc. but they are all so adorable dressed up with their owners. Plus, the girls love the animals and that makes it fun to take them. Yes, to no one in particular, we lathered up in sunscreen too ;)!

We met at my neighbors, Nicky's, to watch the parade. Ahhh, we used to walk down but drove. Oh well! I still love our old street and the people on it. Okay, I'm done. It's just fresh but I'm done. No, really I am.






Landry and sweet sweet Gwen. LOVE those curls!



King William was our last event. I can't believe we survived this. Pure and utter chaos. At least we suffered through it with the Sims.

Laney went down the slide 4x. This means we spent $4 in about 4 minutes. And that was about the rate we went at King William. At least this was the only event we spent money at.

 Matthew was quickly the favored parent as he won Laney a flamingo and Landry Scooby Doo!





In theory, the pony ride was the best idea. I thought the girls would love it. Well, Laney did!




But Landry, well not quite as much. Don't judge me please. She really did calm down.






The morning ended with a sno cone and it was time to go home.


Until Fiesta 2013......

No comments: