Monday, May 14, 2012

Our Yellow Rose of Texas

Laney's first recital for ballet was called the Yellow Rose of Texas. The last few months of practicing this routine has been adorable. I didn't realize how much Laney would love ballet and I am glad we found a hobby she enjoys this much!

We had the dress rehearsal on Saturday, May 5th and Miss Laney got to wear a little make up  (not quite as much as suggested but she is only four)!

Here we are getting ready to go to the Lila Cockrell Theatre.



Laney was adorable with her pig tails and bright red lips.


The little ballerinas were all watching the performance before their own. It was cute to see how much little girls look up to older ones.


Time to rehearse and perform!


Laney spotted me and I absolutely love how happy she is here. Laney through and through--she was so elated and excited.

Blowing kisses as we do.

The group picture of her class.


Then the official recital was Sunday evening. The Crowell's came to SA, my Momma, and Aunt Lesley had come too. She ended up having to fly back Sunday for an emergency with Andy. All is well now and we are so happy she got to see the dress rehearsal.

 Laney felt so special and seemed very happy!



I could not get over the little girls crowding around the cell phones and playing games. Really, I couldn't get over how precious I thought they all were.





I was a stage mom and this entailed babysitting these twelve little girls. This proved to be quite a challenge. A couple of the ballerinas cried for their Momma's and others skinned their knees. I wasn't certain what to do and just showed them pictures on my cell phone or sang songs. But I must admit, I would never want to take my eyes off my child during this chaos. These little girls were all over!

Here is the group after their performance running down the hall. Again, it was a lot of work but I was happy to watch my child. And little girls really are so cute!




Here are the pictures on my phone when we found Daddy, Landry, Mickey, and Ellen.

Laney had seen girls upstairs getting flowers and she was worried she wasn't getting any. I told her as we went to find everyone that I bet she was. She was so upset though and said "But Momma, I promise I didn't get any!" and then we found Mickey downstairs. Always get a flower after a recital!




Landry adores Ellen, adores her!

My amazing Momma! This woman will do anything for her children and grandchildren and sweet sweet Laney.
Lesley gave Laney a necklace with a sweet ballerina and bell. I loved the card that came with it featured below.



Sweet Grandma B made Laney a little cake and they decorated it together. It was pretty special with the yellow rose adding a perfect touch.

A blessed day and memory. I'm so proud of Laney, thankful I am her mother, and grateful for all of those that love her. This was truly a special day.

No comments: