Monday, February 17, 2014

My Baby Girl is Four

My Landry at Four Years Old

What a soft spot I have in my heart for my blondie. My treasure. My four year old Landry Anne. A blue eyed beauty with soft freckles of green and gray that I never knew I could even have. You've taught me so much in life. And I will never forget this precious chapter with you.

The sweet dimple under your eye. The way you ask for milk or you'd say "miwk". How you want to wear your hair blonde which translates to briefly brushing and wearing down. How the only way you can go to sleep is by sucking your thumb. The way you whisper gently "whole wide world." The sound of the pantry door opening and hearing your pitter patter feet, you are hungry a lot and a growing child. How I know and adore you. 

Some of the things you've said these past few months that I don't want to forget:

Can we keep this baby forever ?

When am I going to be a parent? 

I didn't even have asscert yet ? (Dessert)

Are we on a road or a street?

Remember this bracelet I made you when you had your baby?

Let's sit at the splinter table, the one daddy made.

I know what we can make for our families supper! cake. 

About Leyton" God told me that baby is a girl bc daddy likes girls not boys"

We don't talk how we sing. We don't.  (Watching veggie tales) 

I love Birds when them chirp.

I want a cookie. A big large enormous cookie. 

Them have cookies at Lowes. 

She's excited to go to open gym and exercise like us (Landry about Leyton ).

What a sweet child you are. You've always loved your big sister Laney. You look up to her and she watches after you. And now you carry on the same way with Leyton. In the morning, first thing, you "want to lay by Leyton." You explain life and play with her. You cry if you think she's going to roll off the rug or hurt herself.  And your tears are the crocodile kind. You think of others often too. If we go to the grocery you make sure to pick something out for Daddy, mostly sweets. You want to buy things for Laney too even birthday presents that would just be for your birthday! 

Landry you laugh loud when you really laugh and it's contagious. Makes me smile thinking about that laugh. And your teachers at school call you Lula Loo! It's after a song by Kembo and you just have such a special way about you. You like to dress yourself, change outfits 15 times, and get crazy with combinations. I think you are stylish. 

You cuddle and love me always. And I promise I will always love you. Today and forever, more than the whole wide world






No comments: