Saturday, August 16, 2014

Watercolor, Florida

Our family vacation in Watercolor began with a simple statement from my six year old. " I want to go to a pretty blue beach and not a brown one" she said. Well, I knew we wouldn't find a beautiful truly blue one here in Texas. So, I researched and talked to friends and discovered Watercolor. I had heard of Seaside the neighboring beach. And our family vacation began like that. And now, as I type this, I want to go back so badly. 

We ended up going with the Menzel family too! What a great adventure we all had. 

Packed and ready to head East. Mind you this picture was taken around 10 pm.


Leaving at midnight we had sleepy babes.
And a lot of cargo.

On the way, several hours in, we stopped in Beaumont, Texas. Jen and I needed a pick me up and somehow our Coke Zeros could not have been more fitting. Apparently I was the only one whom had been sleeping. 


Waking up in Baton Rouge. Hello LSU. 






 We had breakfast at Coffee Call. You know, right between the Sport Clip and Office Depot by the Walmart--where they've always been at. Long Story. But a good one.

 Best beignets ever. They were amazing. I think Leyton probably finished them off.



 Better than what I imagined. So pleased that we stopped around 7:30 am for breakfast. Then it was my turn to drive. Matthew got us through the night. He's a trooper like that, a night owl. I am not.

















 A glimpse of the ocean.......not quite to Florida yet.

Yes, after 14 hours this was Leyton. I have been blessed with traveling children. 





 Watercolor. We made it. So happy to make it. I knew we'd like it here just by seeing the sign.


 First trip down to the beach. Yup, it's blue and beautiful!


 We were all a little hangry and grumpy at arrival. In fact, I chewed M about sticking me with all the big children. By all the children I mean my two big girls and Reagan and parking the car was a fiasco. However, everyone seemed to be taking their sweet time while I had three crying kids so I chewed M, naturally. And some guy overheard me and came up to me laughing....says...." I heard you chew the crap out of your husband. My wife does that all the time"....and I just stared and laughed. I was totally called out. Welp, that is what 14 hours in close quarters and little sleep will do I guess.

Let's go see the beach babiest girl!






Leyton really didn't seem to care much.





We got to the house and checked in and then headed to the pool and were much better. 

Here's the traveling crew....














Night night time! We were all sleepy sleepy.

 M passed out, literally, by 9:00 in a chair with Landry. Sweetness.



No comments: