Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Sweetest thing.


These two girls. Landry has adored Leyton from the moment she was born. Apparently Leyton likes her a lot too.  

One day Landry is in the kitchen trying to use a knife to cut an apple. Well, Laney tells me the situation, and I fuss at Landry that she cannot use a knife. Sigh. She soon comes to me crying and sobbing mumbling "sometimes I think you forget I am four" because she is old enough to use a knife or because she is just a baby. I didn't know and she was hard to understand. I adore four year old Landry. Adore. 
Anyway, she is sobbing so we just sat on the concrete steps and I held her. And I hugged her and wiped her tears. Just cuddled my treasure.
Leyton is just observing and watching me console Landry. She is just staring at us. Until she sweetly comes over and lays her head on Landry's back and puts her arms around her. A precious life moment. A moment that wasn't planned or posed and had no price attached. Ill remember this sweet moment for a lifetime. Sisters. Nothing sweeter. 

No comments: