Monday, October 13, 2008

The years go by and still……

…people don’t really change too much. Even in ten years time. Not that much at least. I mean, I’ve never really believed that people change completely, we are always still us. Cynic or a lover of vitality. Even if we grow up and mature, as society prompts, we are still the seventeen year old in our high school peers eyes. I absolutely think my friends from high school are pretty much the same too. I do feel fortunate that we still have a close knit group of fabulous high school friends. Thank gosh.

The ten year reunion, for the class of 1998, at Cooper High School was a time for remembering, renewing, meeting the new, laughing with the old, and missing the gone. I eagerly look forward to the next time we all gather up and head back to West Texas. This time I hope it's outside or in an area that allows more mingling.
Friday night kicked off with a tail gate but Matthew and I arrived just in time for the end of the first half.
We all go to hang out at Thompson's and reminisce over wine and thumb print cookies. And we just giggled and giggled over yesterday. Looking at old pictures and recalling our youth. I don't know how ten years went by that fast. I still feel like Laura Berg in those pictures. As the night wore on we just got sillier and sillier. I had fun with you girlies, especially you Leigh Ann and your funny self!

Saturday we enjoyed lunch at the cafeteria. Andrea and I grabbed Taco Bueno and I think just about everyone else did too. I remember that my senior year, I might have eaten lunch on campus a handful of times. It seems us PALS were always sneaking off. And Laney just wanted to run around from seat to seat.

The Momma's and the kiddo's. Seriously?! We are mothers! Laney has a crush on Mason Man!While we took this pic........the kids did this. It is havoc with lots of kids. I'm afraid to know how many there might be next time. And I call Laney "Pig Pen" because every day I go to pick her up and it's like she has rolled around in the dirt. Here is proof. She goes and just sits and plays in it.
Laney and her thumb print cookie. Mmmm. Touch Down with Grumpa!
It's funny how I remember taking pictures in high school in my front yard before big events. Football games, formals, slumber parties, soccer practice, prom, just anything that I thought I might someday cherish. Or maybe back then I didn't even realize it would hold any significance. I found it to be fitting to take a picture with the family.Larry and Andy- B.F.F.E.A.E.T.W.D.S.B.S!The girls, except not even all of us were here. I can think of several missing! I think we were discussing middle names and baby Bliss, and I was about to get cut off by Andrea. Talk about itty bitty prego baby! I heart Madeline!
Crick and Nick and L &M~~~ ! These two were high school sweet hearts! M and I were neighbors and friends and it took us several towns and cities before we ended up. I suppose all that matters is that we did.
Soccer girls Trying to take a class picture in a foyer with 150 people was, clearly, a challenge.

The smaller group worked out a little better.

I hope we do this again in five or ten years. I also hope that we have different Senior pictures or there is a way to remove the green scarf! Check out M's name tag. I, seriously, thought this was cool! It is too hard to see but wow. Thanks friends.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

haha, how fun! damn, giiiirl! you looked hot!

andydawn said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of Mason and Laney!!! I need to get your pics :) It was fun hanging out with the ones that matter most!!

Emily Suzanne said...

You have two high school reunions two weekends in a row? Wow! You're a trooper!!! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! I went to Jim Ned with Crowell and was getting on a friend's blog to see if there were any updates for our hs reunion. I saw a link to the Crowell family and just had to check it out. :) Laney is soooo cute. Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and that I am looking forward to meeting you and Laney at the reunion this week-end.

bonnie said...

Laura,
Who put everything together for your reunion...I really want us to have one next year but don't know if anyone is planning one. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Bonnie Williams (McHan)