Monday, January 18, 2010

Just Us

We had a girl's day on Saturday; just me and Lanes. We woke up, had Taco Garage breakfast tacos and got ready to go get our nails done. I was so excited about the day ahead of us but did not realize how much fun it would be!

Getting our manicures she was quite compliant and picked out green! I had planned on matching her but just couldn't force myself to paint green. And she got two cute little white flowers on her thumbs. I can't believe how still she sat for the manicurist! I think we might go back for a pedicure soon and have her sit in the panda or kitty cat chair for kids!



We then headed to La Cantera to have lunch at Mariposa at Neiman's. And she has always loved the butterflies since she was a baby and was in awe over them that hang down over the escalators.





Drinking her broth; and mine too. And eating her pop over with yummy strawberry butter!


Then I took her to her first movie. We've been watching Annie a lot lately and kept singing "Let's Go to the Movies". Then she'd bust out with "dumb dumb dumb dog". It's pretty hilarious hearing her sing this. We went to the Palladium IMAX and she kept calling it a castle.



Laney had her "CopCorn" and a kid's snack pack. We saw The Princess and the Frog. I wasn't sure what to expect but ended up really enjoying Disney's cartoon movie. And we made it through the entire thing! I considered this a success!



It was so much fun just me and my heart beat. I wanted to have special time with her before baby is here and it was the best day. I hope we have another one soon!

3 comments:

Sarah Durham said...

What fun! She is so precious Laura!

The Perkins Family said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad you had such a good time!

Emily Suzanne said...

How fun!! You have many more days like that to look forward to with Laney :)
She's such a sweetie!!