Thursday, March 08, 2012

Our New (to us!) Home

For those of you that have not yet seen here is a sneak peek of our new (new to the Crowell's) home.

The story goes a little something like this....

There is a street in our neighborhood that I've been eyeing for some time. It is actually in Terrell Heights. In our viewing of 757 houses, seems like for me, we came across one that I really liked on a street called Devonshire. Well, we weren't ready to buy and an offer was made in less than a week. Still, I really liked this home because it was updated and new, yet still an older home. However, we held out hope because the house next store was also being updated by the same builder/remodeler. Well, I stalked this house to no end only to find out it sold before it ever came on the market. This time I was pretty disappointed. Yet, our realtor, kept her eye out and text me one morning on viewing a house on Devonshire that this particular builder was updating. Three times the charm! Our first viewing the house had just had the sheet rock put up. It was a wreck. But I could see the floor plan and general flow of the home. I knew it would work. Fingers crossed that Matthew would feel the same.

On Valentine's Day Matthew and I went back. We even re looked at the other home on Devonshire that was a finished product to compare.

We did not expect to be buying a house right after my departure from employment. However, I suppose due to the opening up of my schedule, and constant stalking of homes on SABOR, this kind of fell into our lap. We knew staying in the AH school district was important to us and we have been very happy in the community we live. Thus, moving outside of the loop in SA didn't make sense for our family. Also, buying in AH proper it is difficult to find a home with space in our price range. Thus, we were finally willing to give up living in the "heart" of it and made an offer.

I think we will be happy in our new neck of the woods.

There are still old world charm features that the builder is keeping. The new addition has, wait for it, a laundry room, walk in closet, and super high ceilings! We have been very involved in having a say with paint colors, counter tops, back splash, and many trivial matters.

Here are some pictures as progress is being made. And oh the progress we will get to make!



After living in a 2-2 with a horrible layout and, this seems like a palace! I am very excited to get moved in and settle into Devonshire.

2 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness! so cute! There! You did it again...a collage..you have to tell me how you did that :)
And the house with the wood floors and bay window looks wonderful!
It will be so cute with the Crowell family in it.

EJ said...

Buying a house is a great goal for the New Year. Make sure that resolution has some back up with a life insurance policy. You can get a quick and easy quote from IntelliQuote in just minutes. Find out how little it could cost to keep (and protect) that home for future generations. http://bit.ly/zCIbTr