Friday, September 19, 2014

Seven Years

Laney,


Seven years old. Happy birthday my first girl. How I adore the little lady you've become. You are the sweetest child I know. You always think of others and have a kindness beyond compare. I'm loving every year with you. You teach me more than you'll ever know. And your sassy silliness, it's a new thing. I love how you like to tease and joke with me and your Daddy. I'm still learning you, after these seven short years. What a gift you've given me by getting to be your Momma! 

Let's always remember how you love to work outside with Daddy, play outdoors doing cartwheels, and enjoy running around. You love just having fun. You are the best little soccer player too and always throw your hands up and jump in the air when you score a goal. True joy. You're never afraid to try new things and enjoy life. You are my heart beat Laney. I adore you and will always be your #1 fan. 

We have enrolled you in Spanish immersion for first grade. It has been a trying time. I guess I was surprised by this. But, in truth, it makes sense. You are a perfectionist and don't like not understanding. I can't imagine the frustration but you handle it with grace. We've shed some tears yet you always amaze me. I will never give up on you. And I pray in life you find the courage to never give up on yourself and others. 

We love you Laney Kate! Cheers to seven years! Happy birthday! 

Love,

Mommy

No comments: