Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Team Building

The National Accounting GL team at Whole Foods had a team build today. It consisted of cooking (yikes!) at the Culinary Center here at Whole Foods and we had a blast! In fact, it's such a unique feeling to be surrounded by your co-workers/professional accountants and feel like you are hanging out with your friends. Truly, I feel blessed for being at Whole Foods and for the job that puts food on the table. Literally.
Brad is the only guy on our occupancy team and handles it well. He had the responsibility of making Spicy Jicama salad lettuce rolls.
Stephanie, by far the best chef I know, was cutting up the baguette for our peppers and mushrooms. Debbie usually uses her oven as storage (I learned from her) and was making Spanikopia Triangles. We weren't allowed to be on the same team. Nancy dicing up pepper for the Sugarcane shrimp skewers. YUM!!!!
Sandra making cut outs for the pork empanadas! Jackie and Brad were on their second entree; Bakwan. This might have been every one's favorite. Jackie is our newest team member and we have become fast friends. Robert is the our director in accounting and flipping hilarious. He made the Piri Piri Shrimp and Chipotle Beef Kabobs; our griller of course!
Stephanie and I were quite proud of our seared oyster mushrooms and roasted red peppers with toasted baguette rounds.

Although we really liked making the Chocolate Rum cake with cinnamon whipped cream.

The batter had rum, ok?! Don't judge me. It was quite good and I was caught in action. Licking the bowl is one of my favorite things. Great job everyone! This was loads of fun and learning that we could cook!

Voila!

In case you were wondering, it was delicious and I cleaned my plate. I'm full and sleepy.

3 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

wow! I'm impressed! that food looks complicated... and good! I think I lack patience for cooking things like that... but wish I had it!! I definitely can relate when it comes to licking the bowl though! Seems like you are a busy woman, so maybe God will just open the door and we will be able to meet one day... call me if you're in SA and I'll let you know if I'm in Austin! Deal?

andydawn said...

YUMMY!!!!!!! That just made me hungry :)

carla's gateway said...

what a neat deal!!! so are the recipes on the WF website (or is there one of those?).... I love Jicama!