Monday, February 20, 2012

The Rainbow Cake

Let me begin by saying that I am not a baker. I never have been, I don't enjoy it, baking stresses me out, and I'd rather run ten miles in a hurricane. But....big but....I wanted to do this for Landry's Choo Choo party and I am hoping someday she looks back and loves it. That Miss Landry knows (in my love language) I am trying to show her that I would walk through fire for my second born (because six cakes is a freaking lot)! You know the second child syndrome my sister always tells me about (love you Lel) and really I want to do as much for her as I have for Laney and be fair. Maybe somewhere I wanted to see if I could do it. Now I know anyone can! 

The rainbow cake took some time, patience, screw ups, and Matthew leaving the house (I could have run a marathon in the time it took!) but it turned out perfect. Not perfect to another's standards but for me it was.

I followed Courtney Denton's advice and matched the icing with the colors. I agree this made the cake much brighter than using the white in between. Let me just add she is the craftiest girl I know, you should check out her blog if she isn't on your roll already! And the cake at the top of her pic with adorable Char Char!

Here is the picture after the nervous, gut wrenching, pacing around the room, stacking...


Now iced. I must brag but the butter cream icing turned out delicious! The cake might not be pretty but the icing was good!


Here is a sneak peak of me handing out the cake that turned out! Huge sigh! I think there are more pictures of it cut that I will share on the birthday party post.

No comments: