Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Spring Flings

This past week we've had a few spring flings worth noting.
The Easter egg hunt at church. This pretty much sums up the differences in my two girls. Let me set it up to better explain.

As you can see, the children were divided into different age groups. Therefore, Matthew took Laney and I took Landry and we would just meet in the middle.



 I didn't really have to explain to Landry what to do. It was all kind of instinctive. I guess she kind of did this last year but at barely one I didn't expect much recognition.



In a few minutes her basket was full. I had to stop her from taking other children's eggs too from their baskets.


A few minutes later we see Laney and Daddy across the way!

 Sweet Laney....
 ...and her almost empty basket.


I realized in this moment the unique personalities of my daughters and the parable of the egg hunt. Laney, although I didn't witness and can only assume, was probably handing other children eggs that she picked up or politely saying "no, you can take that one" and ended up with a few of her own. The sweet, servant hearted, giving child. Landry, well, I saw how eager, determined, and aggressive she was. To me, this simple egg hunt, summed up their little personalities at this point in their lives and it made Matthew and I both laugh at our girls. How I love them both and the different personalities they have!




We also had the Baron's Ball. If you have not heard of the Baron's then you should read the attached article. Here are a few pics from FB and Courtney's phone.





The morning of the Baron's Ball we had a garage junk sale. And we made some fun money with the things we sold! Laney was busy selling lemon aid for "twenty bucks" and in AH that isn't surprising!

Good Morning Landry!





The Sharpe girls came by to get some lemon aid and so did our neighbor Will and a couple of customers! It was precious!



We also recently had a trip to the dentist. Laney was a champ.



Enjoying the porch before we leave Normandy and eating outside in a backyard we love.










House update, well, we are getting ready to close this deal up. All of the final pieces are falling into place.

Favorite this week: The Red Door. Picking the shade was difficult but it ended up pretty close to what I wanted. Finding perfect in anything is unlikely but this color red makes me happy! Details, details.

No comments: